about
● chat
● links
● archives
Thursday, October 27, 2011
If only @ 2:48 AM
If only I can sleep soundly at night,
And wake up without a single dread in sight,
I would be eternally grateful.
If only the world is bigger,
And the sky is embedded with stars and wonders that linger,
I would be less fearful of solitude.
If only the functions and definition of the human heart are deemed true only in
Encyclopedias and
Science books,
And it would not break, metaphorically, under the influence of
Cold shoulders and distant looks,
I would be less sorrowful.
If only there was a choice between pure fear of the unseen and the pure sadness of
A thorn-filled rose bush,
And that we can chose to exchange emotions with
Knowledge, so much so that a wizard would blush,
I would be less in continuous dismay, and prolonged disappointments.
If only if-only's are not if-only's,
And that one would never run away and would never fear tomorrow,
And would never mourn the past,
Today would be cherished,
Today would be loved,
Today would never be neglected,
And today, would never be shunned.