<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/314157545256904822?origin\x3dhttp://rougerouys.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

about ● chat ● links ● archives


Monday, January 10, 2011
Nerds Read. @ 9:36 PM

People always asked me why I read so much because I always have a book in my hand, whether its in the class, the restaurant, my bed or the toilet, there will always be a new book ready to be discovered or an old one ready to be reminiscent. The reasons I gave them were always: "I love to read"," I'm bored", "The plots are interesting", "I can't put them down", "Uh huh..."...etc. But of course, those aren't the real reasons-they are just the side dishes, the ala carte of the reasons why I love to read . I love to read because-because they are not just stories-they are little seeds of inspiration ready to blossom into fine and well-thought ideas that will or will not change my life. When you read, you get this sensation-this acknowledge that you're completely out of your world right now and are inside another one, one that could be forlorn or happy, one that could be pleasurable or bitter, but all the same they are always fiction. I don't know how to explain this, but I think every avid reader knows-like why gamers love to,well, game-its the feeling, the rush that you get when you know you're in a different world where you know you are the spectator of the characters in it and you are experiencing partly what they are feeling and you know what they do not want others to know and still do not get killed off or die of a broken heart at the end simple because we are not them, the characters in the stories, I mean. Its a free holiday to somewhere far and distant, where you can just forget about the other stuff right now and concentrate on this book that you're reading-your life. It's the perfect getaway from the stress and the hustle bustle of the world for a certain time where you can truly cry, laugh, coo, smile, shout, yell, shiver and be astonished and awed by what is in your hand. You would forget about your worries as you are now worried for that tough cookie of a girl who is so petite in her world where burly men with sexual needs lurk; You would be soothed as you know somehow, you are far better than the person in this book; You would laugh and cry at the same time because you know what they meant and how they felt; You would forget all the tiredness or hunger because you are so intrigued by how Hercule manage to solve the ABC cases with psychology. But mostly, you would forget your world, your senses will die off for a while and live again to the story that is about to spring you back to life. You would die and live again. You would hate and love again. Books are like legal porn. They are legal cocaine and weed where you can have, again and again without getting ill and nobody is going to judge you for it. Its an addiction unexplainable. Its life and love and everything you turned out to be. To explain why I read books, I must first explain the definition of a nerd: Nerd is a term that refers to a person who avidly pursues intellectual activities, technical or scientific endeavors, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests, rather than engaging in more social or conventional activities. It often carries a derogatory connotation or stereotype. The nerd may be awkward, shy and unattractive. Therefore, a nerd is often excluded from physical activity and considered a loner by peers, or will tend to associate with like-minded people. In short, Nerd loves books. I love books. So I am a nerd. And thus, I am excluded from the outside world and is quite a loner,sometimes. I love my books as they are well-picked and are a part of my life. I admit that I sometimes slip into my books too much, so much so that I couldn't hear when the others are calling me, or when they wanted to talk. I remembered once, a long time ago, a good friend of mine was put the next seat with me in the bus on a graduation trip. She frowned, and then said to me,: " Can you, erm, not bring books to the trip? So that we can talk,like properly?" I was kinda stunt, but I agreed. There is also a time when I get so depressed over Chuck Palahniuk's Haunted I've gotten pretty emo and maybe that's when the pessimistic seed got sowed. But I am not regretful because I want to get away. I'm so used to running away from problems and it is easier to do so. When you read, you're transported into its venue, feeling its characters emotions,reliving every incident and dying and living again and again. When you're reading, you're not entirely yourself and that's good, because your body is in the world where you do not want to be right now but your soul, which is the important part, lives and breathes through the pages.No matter tragedies, comedies, action-packed,sci-fi,childrens, young-adults, porno or fantasy, no matter what genre, I will read. Because they are the perfect escapade. Books are the only ones that had successfully planned and carried out escapade many many times.

about
Crystal

I like purple, purple and green.
I did not did not like to hate to like to dislike to love to hate popcorn.
God + I
www.itsmecrystal.wordpress.com
That is all.
Saving
Grace