about
● chat
● links
● archives
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Rant on War @ 5:03 PM
People should count their blessings. I dunno how I started to try counting mine. I think it was then around primary 2, when I was attending Auntie Grace's
english tuition. She have so many books, ranging from Enid
Blytons to The Hardy Boys. She even have those Wizard Detective and Peter and Jane collections which are so totally ancient by now! Of course I never touched P and J, 'cause maybe I am too arrogant for them?
haha. Anyways, there's this collection called the
Berenstain Bears, if
Im not mistaken. In one of their books, there is one entitled Count Their Blessings, or something like that. I
dont remember why Mother Bear and Father Bear suddenly wants Sister and Brother Bear to count their blessings, but at my age then, I
dont even know what a "blessing' is. Only
thru that book then I knew,"Oh, so THOSE are called blessings." So, what are my blessings? I tried counting them and listing them out in a paper, I remembered last time.Parents, brothers, 9Barbie Dolls, Jamie, Joan, CBC,God,swimming,
Icecream, chocolates,
MCD's ,
KFC"S and A&W's on weekends,R.L.Stine books,
Biyo the pillow-blanket,
Bubu my stuffed bulldog,
Boop her child, Jeddy the German Teddy,
Snoozy the sleepy pup, Snazzy his child,Mike the hound, Mickey his child, Pluto our GREAT BIG YELLOW STUFFED DOG, and the list goes on and on and on.I think those were what I thought my blessings were. And I still think they are,
although icecream and chocolates are actually silent killers?
haha.
I know why I feel so miserable for the past few months, maybe even the whole year last year. I've forgotten how to count my blessings, and how lucky I am to even have
Bubu the bulldog and
Biyo my billow(pillow+blanket=
billlow, or is it
plankey?
ahha). I should really be happy with what I have. I mean, females in
pakistan and
iraq and
iran dont get much chances to have an education And they are
aften raped or stoned to death. Or have their noses and ears cut off. Or being buried alive just because they wanted to study. I mean,
arent I blessed that I
dont live under the arseholes who do such miserable and completely '
jahiliah' acts?
I don't wish for no wars to happen. It is going to happen anyway, whether people like it or not. Wars are apart of human nature, because we opened the
Pandora box , we are subjected to violence and epidemics and cruelty and selfishness and hatred. All the fine ingredients for brewing up a top-notch war. And I
dont think religion helps at all, maybe I put this the wrong way. Okay, i think the wrong concept of religions do not help at all. For starters, because of the wrong teachings and bad influences of so-called religions, war happened. People are too fanatic about the correct rituals and clothing and food and drinks and schools and people they mix with that everyone is blinded. Religions are good. But when human misconceived them and try putting what they thought its right and maybe what they want and desire, those are not pure, sacred religions anymore. They are cults. Yes, I think even witches and
wizards are better than so-called pastors and
sheikhs and monks and gurus. At least they
dont start wars and kill people in the name of their Gods and religion. Okay, maybe some of them but have they ever kill and get away with it? At least law punishes them, but what about them who kill so many innocent people just because they think they are sacred creatures? How can we kill in the name of our Gods who prioritized on love and care and togetherness? How can we fight with each other when our religions clearly stated that unity and hope and humility are the essential ingredients to a better world? They took away innocent lives just to get a 'chance' to arrive heaven where they say beautiful girls and rich food are at abundance. But look around,
Arent we all surrounded by beautiful women and
unlimited food supply that
stuffed us until we die of overeating? And guess what? we are not in heaven. Because heaven clearly
dont have blood stains and gun powder. So what is the conclusion here? I am not trying to say that religions are bad. No, I love My god and I believe He is our Messiah and savior. But I only believe him as Love itself.As peace itself. I
dont perceive him as gold and power. for He is not. Nobody is all money and glory. Take out the 'l' from glory and
you'l get gory.We
dont want pride or arrogance, or the feeling of being better than everyone else. We want friends. We want family. We need love. It sounds cliche but imagine ourselves without friends and family, we cant survive alone in the wilderness. Without love, we cant glue our peace together with one and another. I think we should start seeing each other as human beings, as creations of God, and as a part of the vast and gowing Universe, not short or blond or white or black or brown or blue or Female or Male or children or adult or Down-sindrome or Einsteins or Doctors or Beggars or actresses or singers or Hokkien or Malayalam or Buddhist or Catholic or Chinese or Portugis.
We are human. No matter what ranks we are in. No matter what religion, colour and origins.
We live in earth, we live in the Milky way, and we live in the Universe.
I wish everyone can have a proper education and really cherish the importance of an education. Fully and Truly.
As for me, I hope for better days to come.